The Senior Travel Expert Heritage Writing Competition 2018 is Free to Enter and offers £200 in Prizes. The author of the best entry will receive a cash prize of £100. Ten runners-up will each receive £10 Amazon UK Vouchers. The winning entry and runner-up entries will be published on this website.
The Senior Travel Expert website is dedicated to the growing numbers of seniors, 55 years and older, who enjoy travelling both near and far; it’s about staying active and enjoying what the world has to offer. So please send us heritage-related articles that provide interesting and inspiring travel ideas for our readers.
We are seeking aspiring and established writers to submit original travel articles relating to the competition theme: Heritage. Historical, cultural and natural heritage are all included under this theme.
The Heritage Writing Competition is open to residents of any country who are aged 16 years or over, except members of the staff of SeniorTravelExpert.com, their families, agents or anyone else associated with this competition.
SENIOR TRAVEL EXPERT
The winning entry will receive a prize of a £100 in British Pounds Sterling. Payments may be made by bank transfer to a UK bank account or by PayPal (any fees will be subtracted from the prize money). The judging panel reserves the right to declare more than one entry as a winner, in which case the £100 prize will be split between the winners.
Ten runners-up will each receive £10 Amazon UK vouchers.
The winning and runner-up entries will be published on Senior Travel Expert website.
All entries must be received by 11.59 pm UK time on the published closing date of the October 31st, 2018.
- All information detailing how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the entrant agrees to abide by these rules. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entries must be submitted through the form on the SeniorTravelExpert.com website.
- To participate in the Senior Travel Expert Heritage Writing Competition 2018, entrants must submit a travel article of no more than 750 words relating to the theme Heritage. It can be factual or fictional.
- Entries must be the work of the submitting individual and must not have been published elsewhere (online or in print) or have won a prize in any other competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that no element of their entry infringes the copyright of any third party or any laws.
- The winning entry will be the one that is judged to most effectively help senior travellers in planning and having great heritage-related travel experiences.
- The judging panel will comprise members of the Editorial Staff of SeniorTravelExpert.com chaired by STE’s Writing Competition Editor, Anne Esser. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- Copyright in all submissions to the competition remains with the respective entrants.
- However, in order to allow publication of the winning and runner-up entries, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to SeniorTravelExpert.com for their entry to be published on the Senior Travel Expert website if it is judged a winner or runner-up. All published articles will fully credit the authors.
See samples and more details at the contest page.
Lawyer, writer and entrepreneur.