2018 UBA Foundation National Secondary School Essay Competition
UBA Foundation, the corporate social responsibility arm of the United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc, has commenced the 2018 UBA Foundation Essay Competition in Nigeria with a call for entries.
The 2018 UBA Foundation Essay Competition, targeted at senior secondary school students is organized annually as part of UBA Foundation’s education initiative aimed at promoting the reading culture and encouraging healthy and intellectual competition among secondary school students in Nigeria and across Africa.
What Is the Biggest Environmental Issue You Think Your Generation Will Face? How Can It Be Avoided and How Can It Be Solved?
Applicants to the 2018 UBA Foundation Essay Competition must be senior secondary school students schooling in Nigeria.
UBA Foundation, the CRS arm of the United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc.
- 1st Prize: N2,000,000 or its local currency equivalent towards university tuition/ fees
- 2nd Prize: N1,500,000 or its local currency equivalent towards university tuition/ fees
- 3rd Prize: N1,000,000 or its local currency equivalent towards university tuition/ fees
2nd November, 2018.
- Applicants must attach photocopies of their original birth certificates or international passport data page
- Applicants must be senior secondary school students in Nigerian Secondary Schools.
- Applicants should send in handwritten essay entries of not more than 750 words on the topic
- Applicants must submit their complete contact information (name of school & address, residential address, phone numbers & email addresses)
- The educational grant is only applicable to applicants who intend to study in an African University
- The decision of the Judges is final. The panel of judges is made up of professors from reputable Nigerian universities.
- Late entries will not be accepted.
- Entries should be sent to:
United Bank for Africa Plc UBA House (3rd Floor)
57 Marina, Lagos, Nigeria
- Entries can also be dropped in all UBA business offices across Nigeria. Please note that terms and conditions guiding the competition shall apply to all winners.
- UBA Foundation will not be responsible for any liabilities and losses resulting from participation in the 2018 UBA Foundation Essay Competition.
Have you ever missed a deadline because you saw a contest late? Subscribe to the newsletter and stay up to date with all open contests.
Lawyer, writer and entrepreneur.