GOI Peace Foundation International Essay Contest for Young People
GOI Peace Foundation and UNESCO Global Action Programme (GAP) on Education for Sustainable Development (ESD).
Essays may be submitted by anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 15, 2
018) in one of the following age categories: a) Children (ages up to 14) b) Youth (ages 15 – 25)
“The Change I Want to Make”
What is the one thing you would like to change the most to make your school, workplace, community, country or the world a better place? How would you bring about that change?
Please share your concrete ideas.
- The following awards will be given in the Children’s category and Youth category respectively:
- 1st Prize: Certificate, prize of 100,000 Yen (approx. US$900 as of February 2018) and gift … 1 entrant
- 2nd Prize: Certificate, prize of 50,000 Yen (approx. US$450 as of February 2018) and gift … 2 entrants
- 3rd Prize: Certificate and gift … 5 entrants
- Honorable Mention: Certificate and gift … 25 entrants
* 1st prize winners will be invited to the award ceremony to be held in Tokyo, Japan on November 23, 2018
and will receive the Minister of Education Award. (Travel expenses will be covered by the organizer.)
* Additional awards (Recognition for Effort, Best School Award, School Incentive Award) will be given if applicable.
Entries must be received by June 15, 2018 (23:59 your local time).
- Entries to the essay contest that are submitted by postal mail must include a cover page (free format) indicating
(1) category (Children or Youth) (2) your essay title (3) your name (4) address (5) phone number (6) e-mail (7) nationality (8) age as of June 15, 2018 (9) gender (10) school name (if applicable) (11) word count.
- Teachers and youth directors may submit a collection of essays from their class or group.
- Please enclose a list of participants’ names, ages and the name and contact information of the submitting teacher or director.
- Entries missing any of the above information will not be considered.
If you have questions, please consult the FAQ section.
Lawyer, writer and entrepreneur.